Social Services at Deaconess are provided to ensure continuity of care after
discharge and to facilitate adjustment of patients and their families to the
impact of illness, disability, or death. Our staff of licensed medical social
workers and other qualified professionals works with patients and families in
all areas of the hospital. Services are provided free of charge.
Scope of services includes:
- Discharge planning
- Child and elder abuse or domestic-violence assessments and referrals
- Psychosocial assessments to facilitate patient/family compliance with
- Information and referral services for patients/families and/or hospital
- Patient counseling related to emotional or financial concerns
- Assistance with and education regarding advance directives
- Facilitation of newborn adoptions upon referral from the birth mother or her
agent, and the nursing staff.
For more information, or to speak to our social-services representative, call