Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
Deaconess Hospital has a comfortable, specialty inpatient rehabilitation facility, The Rehabilitation Center. Located on the third floor, the Rehabilitation Center provides intensive therapy for stroke, cancer, hip fracture, joint replacement and amputation patients and those with complex medical conditions.
Louis H. Cox, M.D. has served as the medical director of The Rehabilitation Center since its inception in 1997. He coordinates all aspects of the treatment program and rehabilitation team. He. Dr. Cox is board certified in internal medicine and has more than 16 years of experience as a medical director for inpatient rehabilitation facilities.
When you are discharged from the hospital, Dr. Cox and the rehabilitation team will work with you and your family to help determine the next best environment based on your needs, so the recovery can progress. If you’re unable to return home, the team will assist in making arrangements.
Common Conditions Treated
The Rehabilitation Center at Deaconess Hospital provides services for adults 18 years of age or older who have sustained functional loss due to a disabling illness or injury, including:
- congenital disorders
- degenerative and progressive neurological disorders
- hip fractures
- joint replacement
- multiple traumas
- other orthopedic disorders
- traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury
- traumatic and non-traumatic spinal cord injuries
Therapy Services Provided
- occupational therapy
- orthotic and prosthetic consultations
- physical therapy
- recreation assessments
- rehabilitation nursing
- rehabilitative medicine
- speech and language pathology
- social work/case management
A survey team from CARF International* will be visiting on
April 4, 2013 - April 5, 2013
We invited the surveyors to evaluate how well we meet international standards for
quality. The survey will tell us what we are doing well and ways we might improve.
As a result of this survey, we may earn or continue accreditation.
As part of the survey, the surveyors will interview people who receive services, their
families, our staff, and others. Some questions the survey team members might ask
- Do we provide a clean and safe setting?
- Do you receive the services you need and want?
- Are you treated with respect?
- Do you take part in planning your services?
- Are you told what you need to know about your services?
- Are your questions answered in a way you understand?
- Do you know where to go with questions or concerns?
If you would like to talk with one of the survey team members or want to learn more
about CARF International, please let one of our staff members know. You may also
contact CARF International directly.
- Internet: www.carf.org/contact-us
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: CARF International, 6951 East Southpoint Road, Tucson, AZ 85756
- Toll-free telephone: (866) 510-2273
- Click here to dowload pdf
For more information about inpatient rehabilitation services, contact us:
Admission Referral Line: 405-604-4377