Outpatient Surgery Center
The physicians and staff of the Outpatient Surgery Center perform ambulatory
procedures, making surgery more economical and allowing patients to recover in
the comfort of their own homes. Treatment and care is provided to more than
4,000 patients each year for a wide variety of procedures for many common
specialites including, but not limited to:
- Ear, Nose, and Throat
- General Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstruvtive Surgery
Surgery Center patients should use the patient entrance. Convenient parking
is available. Go to the Deaconess Hospital Map for a better picture of our
Here’s the process you can expect as a patient of the Surgical Care Unit:
- A pre-registration clerk will call you several days ahead of time for
admission information. This will make your admission for outpatient surgeries go
- On the day of outpatient surgery, you should check-in at the surgical care
unit two hours before surgery, unless you’ve been given a different time.
- All patients are assessed by a registered nurse before surgery. You and your
family will participate in developing your plan of care following your surgery.
- Your anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist will explain to you the type of
anesthesia you will receive. We will review your medical history, as well as
answer any questions you might have about the type of anesthetic used.
- Your family can be with you until it is time for surgery. One of the staff
will show your family where to wait, so the surgeon may visit with them
- Your surgeon will decide when you’re ready to go home. You and your family
will be given instructions from your surgeon as well as written discharge
instructions from our hospital.
Our goal is for you to have a positive experience while at Deaconess. Our
mission is to provide excellent nursing care, teaching and instructions that
will prepare you for surgery and the recovery period.
If you have questions, please call us at (405) 604-4107.